Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Basic "Fun" Buys

Okay. I know that some of the other essentials still need to be purchased, but here is what we have so far: 1) double-sided dog pillow/bed, 2) food bowls with sturdy rubber base, 3) teething toy, 4) puppy shampoo, 5) mini poop pick-up baggies, and 6) carpet de-odorizing cleaner for accidents. I know that we still need a ton of things for starters, such as puppy pads, grooming & hygiene supplies, and dog food (including treats).

As my friend pointed out, a huge supply of paper towels is also a good idea.

I'm very happy with the dog pillow/bed that I picked up today, because for $15 it's a steal; it's huge and has a washable cover with a fuzzy warming side (for fall/winter) and a cooling fabric side (for when it's hot). You just flip it over for whichever side is best for the current weather. It's important that we keep our dog cool, especially since we live in the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment